PS4 Controller Not Charging: Easiest Ways to TroubleshootDecember 3, 2020
PS4 Controller Not Charging? Technology is not accurate, or full-proof. If your DualShock4 is in regular use, it’s bound to see damage and break, even if you take great attention to it. If your PS4 controller not charging, first OFF, do not panic.
There could be some simple solutions to this problem. It could be as easy as a bad cable or a bit of dust – so before you go rushing off to purchase a new one, here are some things you can try.
PS4 Controller Not Charging, Reset It
Commonly, you are not charging the PS4 controller is generated by the malfunctioned controller itself. So, as the primary resolution, we suggest you reset your PS4 controller.
You can simply reset your controller through these below steps:
- Locate the reset key on your controller: it is a very small hole on the reverse of your controller and under the L2 button.
- Place a toothpick or a related object into the reset slot, push the button, and hold it down for a second and then release.
- The controller should then restart. Once it gets lighted, try to charge it again to see if successful.
Perform a Power Cycling for Your PS4
If your Play Station 4 controller is in a fault situation, you may also face the “PS4 Controller Not Charging” problem. You can catch the steps below to do a power cycle.
- Switch OFF the Play Station 4 console and controller entirely.
- Unplug the central power supply cable from the socket of the console. About five to ten minutes later, hold the PS4 power key for 30 seconds to remove all the left energy.
- Soon, you can reconnect the wire and switch ON your console to see if the PS4 controller not charging concern is fixed.
Check the Charging Cable of your PS4 Controller
Seldom, your PS4 not charging issue could be raised due to the charging USB wire. Obey the steps below to verify if there is any difficulty with your USB wire.
- Charge a different controller if you have one with the same charging USB wire.
- If that different controller does charge, then the difficulty is on your wire’s side. Please skip to the next following resolution.
- If that different controller also not charge, it appears there’s really something wrong with your USB wire. Please go on with the next step.
- Labor to use the standard charging USB cable coming with your PS4 console to charge your controller.
Check the Charging Port of your PS4 Controller
Similar to the charging wire, a faulty charging port on your PS4 controller could also stop your controller from charging.
Attend to check if there is something wrong with your charging port: Charge a different controller if you own one with the equal charging USB cable. If that different controller does charge, there is probably any difficulty with the charging port with your not charging controller. You then require to renew the charging port with a new one. If you are not certain how to do it, you can ask for advice from the official PS website.
Replace the Batteries of your PS4 Controller
If you have worked all the answers above and your controller yet cannot charge, not to be frustrated. Be certain to try this last but important solution.
If you have used your PlayStation4 controller for a span period of time, the batteries of your controller might lose their charges and die due to recharging again and again. So attempt to replace with new PS4 batteries and look if works.
Note: Please think free to replace the batteries of the controller as it won’t alter the warranty of your PlayStation4.
Alternative Charging Methods
An alternative resolution would be to abandon the wired charging altogether. There are many options out there and the greatest thing to try would be a charging docking station.
This will energize the controllers without the use of wires and most in the shop will let you charge 2 controllers at once. Give this a try and it might also fix the charging problem on the controllers.