How to Turn On Screen Record on Any DeviceDecember 13, 2020
Want to know how to turn on screen record? Maybe you are a professional who wants to capture the screen of your device for a presentation at work, a software developer generating a how-to video, or someone who needs to upload something fun to YouTube. Most of the Operating Systems like Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS provides you with the feature of capturing your screen. In this guide, we will let you known how to record a device’s screen with the help of a different OS.
Screen Recording Windows 10
The Xbox App
Microsoft provides an in-built software the Xbox Game Bar on Windows PCs so you can record video games, though it can work just as well for businesses.
- Into the Windows search bar just type Xbox and open the app
- Hold Windows + G on your keyboard
- Tap on Yes, this is a game
- To start, tap on Record or press Windows + Alt + R
- To stop, tap on Stop
PowerPoint Screen Recording
Windows has another built-in feature which is available in PowerPoint if you have installed Microsoft Office. To record a screen using PowerPoint just follow the below-listed steps-
- Open the PowerPoint software
- Tap on the Insert tab and press on Screen Recording
- Decide the area you need to record, to select the whole screen, press Windows Key + Shift + F
- Press the Record button (or shortcut Windows + Shift + R)
- To stop the recording, press Stop
- When it’s done, you can save the recording as a video file, also you can save it separately from the PowerPoint presentation)
How to Turn On Screen Record in macOS
Your Apple PC comes with its own screen-recording feature on macOS Mojave and higher.
Open the app or window you need to record, then press Shift+Command+5 to open the system’s screen capture tool.
From the bottom toolbar, you can opt to capture the whole screen, just the chosen window, or a selected frame of the screen.
Tap the Options button, and you can decide where to save your recording and begin a countdown timer to start the recording. Make sure to verify the option to use your Mac’s microphone if you are recording your own voice or external audio.
Click Record Whole Screen or Record Selected frame to start recording. A Recording button is shown at the top of the screen on the menu bar. Press this button to stop recording, and a thumbnail of your recording will be added to the storage of your computer.
How to Turn On Screen Record in iOS
Here are the steps, how you can enable the in-built iOS Screen Recording feature-
- Navigate to the Settings app and open it.
- Select Control Centre within Settings and select Customize Controls.
- Search for the Screen Recording option and press the green (+) plus button to add the screen recorder to Control Centre in iOS, it will move to the Include section higher up
- Now you can move out from the Settings app.
Now you have enabled the iOS Screen Recorder. You can customize other Control Centre options while you are in that setting if you need, but we are focusing on allowing the Screen Recording feature so that you can capture videos of stuff running on an iPhone or iPad display.
Android 10 Screen Recorder
If you have an Android device of any brand including Samsung, LG, or OnePlus that has an Android version 10, it also has a built-in screen recorder. The steps for screen recording is mostly similar overall devices that have Android 10 OS, with a few pieces of stuff here and there.
- Pull down the notification bar from the top of the screen to see your quick settings options.
- Tap the screen recorder option and allow the device to record the screen.
- You can then begin recording, press stop when screen recording completed, then save the video to your phone gallery.
Samsung devices have something different way. It will ask for allowing you to record audio from the speaker and microphone if wanted. You can also switch to your front-facing camera to frame the screen recording with a video of your face. To enable other features, navigate to Settings > Advanced features > Screenshots and screen recorder > Screen recorder settings to adjust some settings, such as what sound is recorded and what resolution you want to record at.
Note: If you only want to take a screenshot on your Android device, just hold the power button and the volume down button at the same time, you can find that saved screenshot in your phone’s Gallery app.
Screen Record on Older Android Devices
If you are using an older version of an Android device, you may be able to screen record, but it takes some time to find and enable. To give screen recording permission, you will require to allow your Android device’s developer mode.
- Navigate to Settings > About Phone, and press the Build Number button 7 times then it will prompt, you are now a developer.
- Move back to Settings and enter Advanced > Developer Options > Feature Flags.
- Toggle on settings_screenrecord_long_press.
- Soon you are set up to record your screen.
- Long-press the screenshot button and it will show a popup menu on the screen.
- Click Start Recording (a new popup will appear).
- Press Start Now.
- To finish, click Stop.
- The video will save by default to your phone’s photo gallery app.
Capture Android Phone Screen using Third-Party Apps
- If your device does not have a built-in screen recording, the third-party app, ADV Screen Recorder is free, it allows you to record any movement on your screen.
- Another third-party app, AZ Screen Recorder is also a free popular app, this is an ad-supported app that enables you to record video, capture screenshots, and start a live video.
- Google Play Games: If you are looking to record any gameplay, Google Play Games is a common free option. But it can only record in 480p SD and 720p HD, the app enables you to record any game and add an extra frame of your phone’s front-facing camera.
By using the above methods you can record the screen of any OS including macOS, Windows, Android, and iOS. These are simple, easy-to-use, and secure methods that will protect you from the risk of using any third-party app or software.