How to Make a Video Your Wallpaper? Easy WaysSeptember 25, 2021
How to make a video your wallpaper? Desktop wallpapers are nice but are often too static. To spice things up, here’s how to set a video wallpaper. Wallpapers on Personal computers are great to look at, but they can be a slight static. Let’s stop all of that and set a video wallpaper instead.
There are several tools available for this, each with slightly different results. No matter which platform you choose, be it Windows 10, macOS, Linux, or Chrome OS, you should find one that works for you.
Select a Video for Your Desktop Background
You should take a few moments to decide which video clip you want to use as your desktop background before you begin. There are different types of videos that are suitable for different purposes. If you just want to watch your favorite movie while you work or browse the web, simply choose a video of an appropriate length.
You may wish to choose a shorter clip when you really want a captivating desktop background, especially if it will be noticeable when looped. Both video clips and GIFs can be used. Two methods are provided here for setting a video wallpaper for your desktop. You can use these options with Windows 10, macOS, Linux, and Chrome OS.
Video Background on Windows using PUSH Video Wallpaper
Moreover, it’s easy to use, and you can get great results from the video wallpaper app. The downside is that it isn’t free (it costs around $10). You create, though, get a free trial.
Download PUSH Video Wallpaper from the site. Install the EXE file, and then launch the app. As the app runs, your desktop background will change to show a demo video clip on a loop.
To change this:
- From the taskbar, select PUSH Video Wallpaper.
- To browse for a new clip, click the + symbol.
- Set a background by selecting this option.
- Use the loop tool in the controls for short clips.
The player also includes a shuffle button, video interval adjustment, and volume/mute controls. When you want to work, you could use this to control the audio level. You can also create playlists of videos for a video wallpaper.
Place a Video Wallpaper with VLC
You can also place a video background using the most ingenious of desktop media players, the VLC media player. The VLC media player is available for all operating systems from VideoLAN.org.
These methods should be compatible with a broad range of operating systems, including Windows, macOS, Linux, ChromeOS, BSD, and Solaris.
VLC Media Player can be configured to play videos on the desktop. However, in older versions, you’ll need to:
- Set the Show Settings box to All in Tools > Preferences > Videos.
- Choose DirectX (DirectDraw) video output in the drop-down menu under the Output setting.
- After you click Save, exit VLC, and browse to the video clip you want to use as a background.
- Open the VLC media player by right-clicking the clip.
- Choose Video > Set as Wallpaper from the right-click menu as the video plays. You can also click Video > Set as Wallpaper in the menu.
When you finish watching the video, maximize VLC, click Video, and uncheck DirectX Wallpaper. Once you have completed, stop the application.
Set a Video Wallpaper Using YouTube
There are a variety of alternatives ranging in complexity if the results from the VLC media player don’t meet your needs.
YouTube is probably your best option since it is compatible with Windows 10, macOS, Linux, and Chrome OS.
As a desktop wallpaper, you can set a YouTube video as follows:
- Select your video on YouTube.com.
- Start the video and set it to full screen.
- Place the open apps on top of the video by Alt-Tabbing through them.
As a result, the video becomes the background. Repeatedly, in this case, it is not a valid desktop background since there are no desktop symbols and shortcuts. To exit full-screen mode, press Esc.
Turn a Video into a Live Wallpaper on iPhone
Using the Intolive App
- Download the intolive app from the app store. This software is available for free in its basic version.
- Select the VIDEO tab after launching the app, and choose the file that you want to use after allowing the app access to your photo library.
- On the next screen, you can add a filter, adjust the speed of the video, and adjust the sliders to modify the length of the video.
- If you want to make a video live wallpaper for your iPhone, click on the make icon at the top of the screen.
- To turn a video into a live wallpaper for your iPhone, you need to install Giphy for iOS.
- Log in with a Facebook account (you can also use a Google account).
- Tap the top-right upload arrow in the app.
- Alternatively, you can upload one from the camera roll at that time.
- Put the video as the iPhone’s wallpaper by downloading the processed live photo.
- In order to do this, click the avatar of your account at the top, followed by the channel.
- Your uploaded video can be viewed there.
- To open the video in full screen, click on the preferred one.
- The three dots that can be seen if you scroll down for any other options can be clicked.
- Make a video wallpaper iPhone by clicking on the Live photo icon.
- Rather than saving it as a full screen, save it as a live photo so the video will appear in your camera roll.
Create a Video Wallpaper on Android
On Android, you can only make your video lock screen or wallpaper using third-party apps. Video Live Wallpaper is our recommendation.
- Launch Video Live Wallpaper after installing it. Allow this app access to your media files.
- Drag the sliders to adjust the duration and time of the video you want to use as wallpaper.
- Change the video display settings in Settings, such as enabling or disabling audio, and adjusting the fit scale.
- Select the wallpaper you want for your lock screen and home screen by clicking Set Wallpaper.
Samsung phones have video wallpapers built-in
- Click on the video of your choice in the Gallery app.
- In the middle right corner, click on the three vertical dots.
- Select Set as wallpaper from the menu.
- You can then trim the video down to under 15 seconds by clicking the Edit button.
- Lastly, press on Set as wallpaper.