How to Fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 ErrorJanuary 7, 2021
Occasionally you may see an error message like ‘Something went wrong. Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003’ on your PC with a Windows 10 OS.
Don’t worry. We have seen various Windows users are also reporting this error message. More importantly, you can reasonably resolve it by yourself. Here’re a few fixes to try. You may not have to attempt them all; follow the method way down the list until you get the one that works for you.
Causes of GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003
- NVIDIA Telemetry is not allowed to communicate with the desktop- As it rolls out, this special issue can also happen if the NVIDIA Telemetry Container is not allowed to interact with the desktop. If this situation is applicable, you can fix the error by using the Services screen to permit interaction with this service.
- Some necessary NVIDIA Services are not working- NVIDIA Local System Container, NVIDIA Display Service, and Nvidia Network Service Container are complete services that will create this particular error are disabled. In this situation, you can fix the issue by force, starting all the services.
- Damaged NVIDIA driver- In some states, the problem might occur if the virus infects one or more drivers used by the PC’s GPU. In this state, you can fix the issue by reinstalling all NVIDIA components.
- Glitched Network adapter- Depends on several user reports, this unusual error message can also happen if the network adapter gets stuck in a purgatory state. Whenever this occurs, you can fix the error by performing a Winsock reset (also identified as a comms reinstall).
- Windows update conflicted with your GPU driver- We received various reports with affected users stating that the error started occurring after Windows Update installed an update automatically. If this situation is applicable, you can fix the problem by uninstalling the current NVIDIA drivers and then installing the newest version automatically.’
Fixes to GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003
Stop all GeForce Tasks and Relaunch GeForce Experience
- Hold Shift + Ctrl + Esc hotkeys keys at the same moment to open Task Manager.
- Choose whole the running NVIDIA tasks and press End task.
- Next, Right-click on the GeForce Experience application icon and press on Run as administrator. Inspect to see if it works.
Uninstall all NVIDIA Drivers
You can uninstall NVIDIA GeForce Experience by navigating to the control panel. Most users who encountered this issue got rid of those errors by merely uninstalling their current Nvidia GeForce Experience version and reinstalling the newest version from NVIDIA’s official site.
The GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 is a widespread software problem. To resolve it, you will require to remove all data of the NVIDIA driver from your computer after uninstalling the GeForce experience.
Update Your NVIDIA GeForce Drivers
If you don’t need to reinstall your application thoroughly, you can manually update them instead. Catch the steps below to achieve this.
- Start your NVIDIA GeForce Experience application.
- Go to the Drivers tab and press ‘Check for Updates’ over on the right-hand side.
- Once you press on this, the application will automatically look for the newest driver online and will ask if you require to install it or not.
- If your driver has the latest version, you can reinstall it preferably by clicking on the three dots, then choosing ‘Reinstall the driver.’
Grant NVIDIA Telemetry Container Interact With Desktop
Upon research, it was discovered that GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 was rooted in NVIDIA’s Telemetry Container issues. Catch the steps below to implement the fix for this.
- On the home page, navigate to the Run function through Windows key + R and search for ‘Services.msc’.
- Search for ‘NVIDIA Telemetry Container’, right-click -> Properties.
- On the next screen, go to the ‘Log on’ tab, choose ‘Local System Account,’ and then click ‘Apply.’
The error message should be resolved when you open the GeForce Experience application again.
Resetting the Network Adapter
Many users stated that the GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 issue was fixed after they reset their network adapter’s software to the default setting. This method is also identified as a ‘Winsock reset’ or a ‘comms reinstall.’
Here is a simple lead on resetting the Network adapter:
Note: This method will apply to Windows 10, Windows 7 & 8.
- Hold Windows + R hotkeys to open the Run dialog box. Next, type ‘cmd’ and hold Ctrl + Shift + Enter hotkeys to open up an elevated Command prompt. When prompted by the User Account Control (UAC), press yes to allow Admin perquisites.
- In the elevated Command Prompt, enter the command listed here and press Enter to reset network adapter driver: netshwinsock reset.
- Once the command has been completed, restart your PC and check if the error has been solved at the next system startup.
If the problem is still happening, move down to the next way below.
Check Your NVIDIA Install Location
GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 can pop up if you installed NVIDIA on a different drive, but then you shifted the application location. For instance, you initially installed NVIDIA on your C: drive. But then you modified your Registry and moved NVIDIA to your E: drive.
Subsequent time you update GeForce, your PC will install whole Nvidia files on your E drive. Though, the NVIDIA Telemetry Container setting will still be referencing the C: drive of your PC.
To solve this issue, you have to shift the container to the right drive. You can either reinstall the whole stuff or tweak your Registry again.
Or you can use a way that’s a mix of these two approaches.
- Initially, uninstall GeForce.
- Next, start the Registry Editor and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion.
- Modify the ProgramFilesDir to designate from E:\Program Files to C:\Program Files.
- Do similar for ProgramFilesDir (x86) folder. It requires to point from E:\Program Files (x86) to C:\Program Files (x86).
- Restart your PC and reinstall GeForce Experience on the computer’s C: drive.
GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003 is a fairly common issue with GeForce Experience, but it has a few typical situations, and all of them are very simple to fix. We wish these methods proved to be useful to you.