How to Connect Airpods to MacbookDecember 21, 2020
Howdy fellas! Are you facing problems in connecting AirPods to MacBook? Can’t figure out a way to solve the issue? No worries. Because in this tutorial, I shall guide you on how to connect AirPods to MacBook or MacBook pro. Airpods are, as you may already know, wireless earbuds designed by apple to save you from the pain of handling wired earphones.
Now without wasting any more time, let’s move on to the central question of why you are here.
Steps to connect Airpods to Macbook:
- Click the ‘apple’ menu on the top. Select “System Preferences.”
- Click on Bluetooth.
- Now take the Airpods case, open the lid, and press the setup button on the back of the charging case.
- Keep it pressed until the light inside starts blinking white.
- Now, look at the screen, and you will find AirPods asking to connect.
- Hit connect, and it is done.
Are you happy now? I hope you are. When we are done solving the main issue, there arises another question “My airpods won’t connect to macbook, why?” even when they are available in the device list. If you are facing this issue, then, my friends! Don’t worry at all because I am here to help. Now let us look at some details of how you can connect AirPods to MacBook.
Airpods Won’t Connect to Macbook or Macbook Pro:
To avoid a hassle in connecting AirPods to MacBook, the first thing you should check is the generation of Airpods you’re using and the operating system version of your MacBook. If you have 2nd generation Airpods, please make sure that your MacBook has operating system version 10.14.4 or higher. And if you are using 1st generation Airpods, then your Macbook must have macOS Sierra or higher.
It is a few steps process to resolve the issue we discussed above.
- Click on the Apple menu > go to system preferences > click Bluetooth. Remove the AirPods from the list of devices connected to the Macbook.
Now To add your AirPods back to the Bluetooth device list again. How? Read below:
- Place your AirPods back in the case.
- Open the lid and press the “setup button” for 15 seconds until the lights begin to blink white.
- Select them to connect AirPods to MacBook.
Connecting Airpods to Macbook using iCloud:
There is another fantastic option. If you want to avoid the hassle of connecting AirPods to MacBook and every other device separately, then you should consider signing in to the iCloud service. If you are signed in to your iCloud, then your AirPods Pro will automatically connect or sync to every other device using that same ID. You won’t have to re-pair AirPods to any device again. Connecting AirPods to MacBook is much easier this way.
What if Airpods won’t connect to iPod, Ipad or iPhone?
Having such an issue is expected. This could happen, and you do not know how to resolve this problem? Well, the answer is here!
First off, make sure you have the latest versions of everything. Old ones become obsolete after a certain period and create problems. Now, we get down to business.
- Turn on the Bluetooth in the control center.
- You have to put AirPods in the charging case to allow the connectivity.
- Now go to the settings and check whether your AirPods are connected and selected as an “audio device.”
Still not connected?
- Close the lid for 15 seconds, open the lid again, press the setup button at the back, wait till the light blinks white. When it does, they are ready to connect.
- Bring the charging case having AirPods inside close to the device. Follow the steps on the screen.
- In the end, don’t forget to test the AirPods.
How to Connect Airpods to Macbook, Tips & tricks:
How to use AirPods with Android Devices?
Android users! Good news for you. Airpods are not bound to be used with Apple devices only. They can be used with android devices as well. Don’t worry about the damn pairing process. The advanced chipset H1 in the Airpods Pro and W1 in Airpods (1 and 2 both) eliminates the pairing process from them. Here is how you can connect AirPods to an android device:
Nothing new here, the same process you used to follow for Apple devices, you have to mind here.
- Open the lid of the charging case, press the setup button until the white light blinks.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your device; let it search for AirPods.
- Once found, tap to connect.
There are some downsides when you use Airpods with android devices. You are going to lose some of the functionalities like pausing audio/video when AirPods are removed from the ear. Customization of the double-tap feature will also be unavailable.
How to check AirPods’ battery Percentage?
Easy peasy. Just a ONE step process if your AirPods are connected to iPhone or Ipad. Open the lid and look at the screen of your phone. After 2 or 3 seconds, you will see the information on the screen.
And if your Airpods are connected to Macbook, it will take some extra effort.
- Open the AirPods charging case.
- Open the Bluetooth and find the AirPods connected to MacBook
- Mouse over the AirPods connected, and the menu will appear showing the battery percentage of both left and right AirPods separately.
How to use Siri (Digital assistant) using Airpods:
‘Siri’ requires no introduction. It’s a digital assistant provided by apple to help you out with tasks on voice commands. Whether your AirPods are connected to Macbook or iPhone, it’s simple and easy for both of them.
Just double-tap either of the AirPods to launch Siri. Command Siri to do whatever task you want to perform. Like “turn down the volume by 50%” or “make a call.” It will do whatever you command.
Customize the Airpods’ double Tap controls?
The double-tap feature of AirPods is by default used to wake ‘Siri.’ But what if you can do something else? You can surely do some other stuff using the double-tap feature. Let me tell you how.
- Go to the Bluetooth, find the AirPods in the list.
- Select AirPods.
- Select either the left or the right one.
- Choose from the functions you want to perform from the list.
- You can also turn it off completely.
Don’t think that you are bound to call Siri using a “double tap.” Music playback can also be controlled. Skipping audio backward or forward, play/pause the songs or videos can also be done.
Today, we discussed how to connect AirPods to MacBook, MacBook Pro, iPhones, iPods, and even android devices. Airpods can perform several tasks of your own choice, whether you want to open up text messages, make calls, play songs, turn down the volume, and other cool stuff. Using iCloud service to connect AirPods to MacBook and other devices is a lot easier and hassle free. Try out everything, enjoy your day.